Valle Del Elqui

 Hello everyone, good morning. Today I want to tell you about a trip I took in Chile, a trip I've been making since I was a child, to the Elqui Valley in the Coquimbo region. This place makes me feel very safe, and I've been visiting it since I was 4 years old. We always stay in the same cabins owned by friends of my dad. This place stands out for its magnetism and complete disconnection from the world. It's also where various rituals and nature worship take place. It has many rivers, and where we stayed, we could open the windows and enjoy the sunny view, especially in the summer when the hills were right in front of us. It's beautiful.


We would sometimes go down to the river, which had very cold water. My dad and I would go jogging, but I would get tired quickly because of the scorching heat there. After jogging, we would always jump into the river to cool off. The valley has hidden spots and places to have a lovely afternoon camping and having a picnic. The valley has an exciting history, as Gabriela Mistral spent a lot of her childhood there, and you can visit her former house as a tourist attraction. It's also known for its incredibly fertile soil, and the farmers there have no complaints, aside from the beautiful climate.


For accommodation, you have several options, including cabins, hotels, hostels, or campgrounds, depending on your preference. There are plenty of rustic and gourmet dining options, all of which are in harmony with the valley's natural and hippie-like character. I love it because I have wonderful memories from my childhood, and to this day, I visit this place in the summer.

I will attach some Google images so you can get a sense of the beauty of this valley. Go visit! 







See you in the next blog.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

The Poke Bowl

An interesting trip

Canva