The Poke Bowl

 Hello everyone in this new blog, today I will tell you about my favorite food lately. First, let me give you some context about poke bowls. Poke means 'to cut' in Hawaiian and refers to square pieces of marinated raw fish, usually tuna, which are then placed on top of rice and complemented with vegetables and sauces. This dish originates from Hawaii and is typical there. Many people say it is very exotic but also delicious. 


To make a poke bowl, we need to start with our preferred base, which could be rice, quinoa, or another grain. Then we add the protein on top of this base, in my case, I prefer tuna, which is cut into small pieces. Next, we move on to the rest of the ingredients, which are the vegetables. In my case, I add avocado, cucumber, carrot, and scallions. Then we can optionally add some tropical fruit like pineapple. Finally, we sprinkle toasted sesame seeds as toppings. Once our bowl is ready, we add ceviche or soy sauce as dressing. 





I love this dish because I enjoy the way it is consumed. All the ingredients are placed in a bowl-type plate, and you can use chopsticks or a spoon to eat it, and you feel very satisfied. The flavors blend together in a harmonious way, and the sauce complements everything. In terms of my health, the poke bowl has a positive impact because it provides all the nutrients that my body needs, such as protein, carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. It is very easy to make at home, and I highly recommend it.



See you in the next blog, xoxo.

Romi








Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

An interesting trip

Canva